Monday, April 30, 2012

10 minute meals

The past few weeks it has been a struggle to cook myself healthy dinners after working all day. Before I was pregnant, cooking a home cooked meal was relaxing and fun. Now the thought of chopping, washing, sautéing, then cleaning sounds anything but relaxing. So I decided I need to make cooking quick and easy, or I am going to resort to cereal or frozen pizza( in my defense I only buy organic pizza but still). Here are a few meals that are quick and healthy! Enjoy


Sautéed broccoli, ginger, mushrooms, cabbage

1/4 cup organic veggie stock
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup mushrooms cleaned
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 Tbsp chopped ginger
1-2 Tbsp Braggs liquid amino or soy sauce

1. Pour veggie stock into frying pan. Add broccoli and simmer 3-4 minutes with lid on
2. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes or until tender.
3. Add cabbage, Braggs, and ginger and cook 1-2 minutes.
4. Enjoy


Spinach mushroom omelette

4 organic free range eggs
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 chopped mushroom

1. Heat medium frying pan on med- high heat
2. Beat eggs with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
3. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to pan
4. Add veggies and sauté 2 minutes.
5. Add egg mixture and coat pan
5. Cook 2-3 minutes and flip
6. Cook other side 2-3 minutes till light and fluffy
7. Add your favorite cheese if you want
8. Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment